Vegetable Chow Mein
Noodles stir-fried with vegetables and classic Chinese flavourings such as garlic, ginger and sesame oil, make up this popular dish. Serve as a vegetarian main course.
· 200g/7oz egg noodles
· 1 tbsp sesame oil
· 4 tbsp groundnut oil
· 2 slices root ginger, shredded
· 1 garlic clove, crushed
· 3 shiitake mushrooms, sliced and stem removed
· 55g/2oz mangetout, trimmed
· 4 tsp light soy sauce
· 2 tsp dry sherry
· pinch of sugar
· small bunch salad onions, sliced
· 85g/3oz pak choi
· 85g/3oz beansprouts
· sesame oil, to drizzle
· salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook the noodles as per instructions on the pack and drain. Rinse in cold water, drain thoroughly and toss in sesame oil to keep the noodles separate.
2. Heat a little groundnut oil in a hot wok. Add the ginger and garlic and stir fry briefly. Add the mushrooms and mangetout. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes over a high heat.
View more Main Meals recipes
View more Pasta based recipes