Spaghettini With Zucchini And Rosemary
Rosemary gives this savoury pasta sauce a distinct, yet not overpowering,
flavour. Garlic bread is the perfect accompaniment.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium onions, diced
4 medium zucchini halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, or 1/4 teaspoon dried crumbled
1/2 teaspoon salt
freshly ground pepper
1 pound spaghettini
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese *
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. To make the sauce, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and saute for 10 minutes, or until tender.
3. Mix in the zucchini, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Saute, tossing often, until the zucchini is tender but not mushy, about 10 minutes. Keep warm over low heat.
4. Drop the pasta into the boiling water and cook until al dente. Remove 1/2 cup of the boiling pasta water and stir it into the zucchini mixture. Drain the spaghettini very well in a colander.
5. Place the spaghettini in a large bowl or return it to the pot. Spoon on the zucchini sauce and sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese. Toss to coat. Serve immediately.
* Traditional Parmesan is not exactly a vegetarian cheese, there are though a limited number of alternatives.
View more Main Meals recipes
View more Pasta based recipes