Stir-Fried Vegetarian Orange Beef
Moderately sweet yet tangy meatless meal. The perfect entree over rice.
• 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
• 1 cup orange juice
• 8 to 10 oz dry Un-Steak Slices (www.ndlabs.com)
• 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil
• 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
• 1 clove minced garlic
• 1 Tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
• 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup bell pepper, thinly sliced
1. In small bowl combine cornstarch and orange juice and set aside.
2. Hydrate Un-steak Slices by simmering in 16-20 oz of water, until the water is absorbed (~ 15-20 minutes).
3. In a wok or large skillet, add Un-Steak Slices, oil, and red pepper flakes.
4. Stir-fry over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
5. Remove Un-Steak slices with a slotted spoon and set aside.
6. Add the garlic, gingerroot, onion, and bell pepper into the remaining oil in the skillet or wok.
7. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add cornstarch / orange juice mixture. Simmer in until thickened.
9. Add in the Un-steak Slices and stir until heated through.
Beth Beller, RD, CN, CDE
Nutritional Designs Inc.
View more Main Meals recipes
View more Hot Desserts recipes