Black Bean Soup With Cumin
This is a recipe my sister used when we visited the once. She does have a way with cooking that I've never had. I liked this one.
1 C black beans - soaked
7 C vegetable broth
1 large onion - minced
1 clove garlic - minced
1/4 cup diced celery
1/2 cup finely diced carrots
3/4 T crushed cumin seed (or ground cumin)
1/4 T black pepper
1) Soak the beans for at least 8 hours
2) Drain the beans, add the broth, bring the beans to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and simmer the beans, partially covering the pan, for 2 to 3 hourse or until the beans are thoroughly cooked
3) In a non-stick skillet, heat some water, and saute the onion and garlic over low heat until transparent. Add the celery and carrots and cook the mixture, stirring, for a few minutes longer. Add the vegetables to the beans.
4) Season the soup with cumin and pepper, and simmer for another 30 minutes
5) Puree the soup in a blender, food processor, or food mill. Serve the soup hot.
View more Soups recipes
View more Pulse Based recipes